Thursday, December 18, 2014

Fracking: New York bans fracking in 2015, insights and coverage from DeSmog Blog

http://www.desmogblog.com/2014/12/17/new-york-governor-cuomo-ban-fracking-state-citing-health-threats

It's pretty simple:  think about your children.

"The primary reason cited by the Cuomo administration is health concerns related to the extremely controversial, water- and chemical-intensive fracking process. According to The New York Times, the acting state health commissioner Howard Zucker, said, “I cannot support high volume hydraulic fracturing in the great state of New York.” 
Zucker then made a simple argument in support of the decision. 

“Would I live in a community with [fracking] based on the facts that I have now? Would I let my child play in a school field nearby? After looking at the plethora of reports behind me … my answer is no.”