Tuesday, October 8, 2013

UNIVERSITY DIVESTMENT FROM FOSSIL FUELS? HARVARD PRESIDENT RESPONDS

http://www.harvard.edu/president/fossil-fuels

Dear Members of the Harvard Community,Climate change represents one of the world’s most consequential challenges.  I very much respect the concern and commitment shown by the many members of our community who are working to confront this problem.  I, as well as members of our Corporation Committee on Shareholder Responsibility, have benefited from a number of conversations in recent months with students who advocate divestment from fossil fuel companies.  While I share their belief in the importance of addressing climate change, I do not believe, nor do my colleagues on the Corporation, that university divestment from the fossil fuel industry is warranted or wise. READ MORE....